Sacramento, CA 95834
Our client is looking for a Licensed Architect to support design and business development efforts for correctional, justice and public safety facilities in Sacramento, CA
They will assist with developing new and existing client relationships to support company business development efforts. As well as collaborate with internal business divisions to identify cross selling opportunities to benefit the overall organization.
- Develop new and existing client relationships.
- Support new and on-going business development efforts.
- Collaborate with internal business divisions to identify cross selling opportunities to benefit the overall organization.
- Create building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist CAD applications.
- Liaise with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects.
- Work around constraining factors, such as local planning requirements, environmental impact, and project budget.
- Write and present reports, proposals, applications, and contracts.
- Choose the materials to be used and specify the requirements for the project.
- Make sure the project is running according to schedule and budget.
- Travel regularly to building sites, proposed locations, touring existing client facilities, and attends client meetings.
- Play a part in project and team management.
- Coordinate project management of multiple projects and ensure appropriate project documentation is performed on each project.
- Identify cost savings and improved delivery opportunities that can be implemented.
- Assembly and manage the necessary resources to complete successful projects.
Experience and Qualifications
- Licensed Architect and NCARB or certified Planner preferred.
- Three to five years experience in design or related planning industry required.
- Knowledgeable about standard accounting and business procedures used by CGL and the professional services industry.
- Excellent customer service skills and people skills in regards to mentoring and staff development.
- Good knowledge of the real estate development process, the construction industry, the design/build process, and operational planning/consulting.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret industry and trade magazines.
- Ability to understand clients needs and expectations on projects (budget limitations, design needs, space needs, program/operational needs, schedule impacts, etc.).
- Skilled at working on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Proficient with computer-assisted design software, such as Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and 3-D software such as SketchUp.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and extensive criminal background checks.
Bachelor s degree in Architecture, Urban Planning, or Criminal Justice Planning.