Director of Industrial Maintenance Engineering
Decatur, GA 30035
Our Manufacturing client in Atlanta is looking for a Director of Industrial Maintenance Engineering. This position is responsible for recruiting Maintenance personnel, managing dept. budgets, reducing costs, new equipment commissioning, maintenance record keeping, and development of preventative maintenance programs at multiple facilities. Strong compensation, benefits and bonus plan.
- Oversee all maintenance planning/ops, programs and projects for a team of 20-30 Maintenance professionals.
- Ensure the plant maintains systems and documents to govern the control of manufacturing processes used in the production of final assemblies and components.
- Evaluate practices, recommend changes, and monitor activities to better achieve productive performance of the manufacturing operation.
- Develop and implement short and long-term plans to improve and increase productivity, efficiencies, and cost containment.
- Lead effective planning, management and execution of all maintenance and construction activities.
- Create KPI s to monitor and measure areas of improvement in service levels, safety and workforce efficiencies.
- Develop and manage the P&L for department operating budgets, projects, expenses, etc.
- Maintain ongoing compliance with appropriate local state, federal, regulatory, and/or accrediting body standards to include obtaining and maintaining MSDS Hazards materials/substance on premises.
- Execute preventative maintenance program to anticipate problems and to avoid costly repairs.
- Ensure the Dept. maintains a strong inventory of parts/equipment on-site at all times.
- When needed, help the maintenance team troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair electrical problems, install electrical equipment and conduct preventative maintenance on all plant machines/equipment.
- Recruit, train and retain Maintenance talent.
- Conduct weekly, monthly and annual performance reviews with Maintenance staff.
- 15+ years of maintenance engineering leadership/management for multiple manufacturing facilities (200,000 sq ft and larger)
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering.
- 6 Sigma Green Belt Certification (or higher).
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, interpersonal skills, organization & planning capabilities.
- Experience working with inventory and supply systems for a maintenance environment.
- Tech savvy being able to use software programs for preventive maintenance and inventory management.
- Experience hiring, firing, training, conducting reviews, scheduling staff, budgeting, managing P&L s, etc.