Import & Inventory Manager
Decatur, GA 30035
Our Manufacturing Client in the Decatur/Lithonia area has an immediate need for an Import & Inventory Manager. This position is responsible for managing inventory purchased from foreign countries, finished goods purchased from US suppliers, optimizing inventory levels and supplying high service levels to retail customers. This position must ensure fill-rate targets are met for all customers. Our client has high turnover on product, so understanding customer plans and POS rates is critical to be successful in this role. Strong benefits package, compensation and career growth.
- Understand supply chain for suppliers in Asia and the US, to include supplier raw material lead-time, manufacturing processes and plant capacity.
- Analyze availability of raw materials, production time, and transportation to port for shipping, sailing time, transportation time from multiple ports in Asia to multiple US Ports.
- Review POS rates, forecast and seasonal patterns, with customer planning team, to ensure that PO will arrive in time to meet forecasted sales.
- Verify that freight partners have product shipping on schedule to meet arrival dates. Keep dates current so orders received for shipping are based on accurate in-stock dates.
- Regularly review updated forecast changes to react to changes in consumer buying patterns. Be prepared to cancel or reduce open PO s or issue new ones.
- Calculate cost and margin impact of air-freighting product due to unexpected changes in demand. Weigh the cost of air freight with lost sales and potential fines for not shipping.
- Carefully monitor weeks-of-cover for all items (based on the most current forecast). Measure on-hand and order-to-make adjustments as necessary.
- Excess inventory levels should be identified regularly and presented to sales for close out in the discount market.
- Visit U.S. and Global suppliers to understand supply chain issues.
- Identify and lead projects to reduce costs in the supply chain.
- Evaluate, and through bidding, employ dual sourcing of purchased items so that alternative sources of supply are available.
- Regularly update management on the impact of raw material costs, currency changes and transportation rates that will impact costs.
- 5+ years of experience in CONSUMER GOODS procurement, forecasting and/or supply chain capacities.
- Previous experience working with Asian suppliers
- Experience handling up to 6,000 SKU's
- Bachelor s Degree.
- Expert-level experience with office automation programs (Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Superior financial modeling and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent supplier negotiation and conflict-management skills.
- Strong communication skills.